Monday, January 2, 2012

First day in "the District"

I'm Here!!!As you can tell from my exciting title, I have now started learning the lingo in the Washington, D.C. area. Supposedly if you are a tourist, you say, "I'm going to D.C." but if you are actually from the area, you say, "I'm going to the District". This is just advice for all you future travelers.Well, I officially left at 6:00 am and began my four hour flight for Baltimore. The above picture was my first view of the area, and yes that is a river, not desert or snow! Yay! I arrived and found a nice attendant to help me with my luggage and to help direct me to the Shuttles. He was so helpful and I quickly was on my way to Virginia with a few other passengers including a man who was over the schoolwork for the athletes at Georgetown. We first dropped him off in College Park. We then moved on to the next couple who lived on Capitol Hill and the man worked with the Supreme Court in their religious affairs. He told me that he is close friends with Orrin Hatch and that he would love for a BYU student to come anytime! Awesome! After we dropped off this man and his wife, the driver, then took me to my apartment in Arlington, VA which is absolutely amazing! This is what I see from my window:Yes, that is the Pentagon! Well, after arriving and unpacking, I went over to the other apartment (because I was alone still) and we watched "Super 8". I couldn't believe how tired I was and I was very grateful to get into bed that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment