Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28th Happy Thoughts!


1. Wow it has been a long time since I last blogged, but today was such a fantastic day I couldn't pass up the opportunity! First of all, I woke up and got to go to breakfast at Magleby's with some friends from the ward including: Lora, Melissa, Brandon, Matt, and Mike. We got unlimited pancakes and french toast for $5.19. Amazing right? Well, after one plate I was through. Of course it did include 3 pancakes and a truly adorable muffin and Mike definitely surpassed the rest of the crew with an astounding 3 plates. Way to go! I will be returning to this beautiful place again someday :).

2.) Next, we were all tired from using so much energy at such an early hour (of 8:30) that we decided to come back and take a nap. I must say, it was one of the best naps I have ever experienced. Not only was I tired, but my stomach was full and I had no worries or concerns about a checklist for the day. The day was mine!

3.) After my 2 hour nap, I woke up and decided to go on a run. Well, this was not going to be any normal run. I am planning on running a half-marathon next weekend and so today I planned on running as far as I could and if possible 13 miles. Well, I completed my 13 miles and even though I am in utter pain now, it was totally worth it then. I now feel that I am going to be able to complete the half-marathon and today's run was just the boost I needed to give me the confidence I need for the race.

4.) After my run, Candace, Lora, and I drove to Costco where I bought some delicious noodles and fruit snacks. Yes, I am a big spender :). I love Costco and even though we missed the food samples, it was still a fun trip.

5.) After Costco, we came back and had a BBQ with some friends in the ward. The food, company, and conversation was outstanding and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Saturday night. We were all in tears by the end because of a few embarrassing stories, dating experiences, and other memories being shared. Today turned out to be lovely even though the sun was not shining and it did rain a bit. After all, the sun will come out, tomorrow! (Hopefully!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment