Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 24th Happy Thoughts!


Hello my dear friends and family. Yes it has been a long time since I blogged once again! I really am going to be better because life is good! :) (Not that it was bad during those months I didn't post.) haha

1. First, I just got back from the 24th of July Celebration in SJ. It was such a blast but the highlight of the trip was dancing with my dad at the family dance. I am now a believer that my dad is a fantastic dancer! :) Best dance ever!

2. Next, the food was phenomenal! Every morning I would wake up to my mom's homemade cinnamon rolls which are in one word, "todiefor". :) Okay maybe that should be 3 words but there is not one word to fit how amazing these rolls are. The rest of the food was also amazing and I ate as much as I could :).

3. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have one amazing family. They are funny, smart, kind, fun, spiritual, talented, mannerly, and quite good-looking. They as my grandma would say, "have it all". ;) I love them. This is yet another reason why my weekend was wonderful. I was able to just about all of them! (I can't wait to see Matt and his family in 3 weeks).

4. Saint Johns was exciting to visit because it is growing so fast. We now have a Gas'n'go, an El Cupido's, and a Subway! Can you believe it?! haha I love my small town and wouldn't trade it for the world. Everyone knows each other, everyone helps, and everyone has a smile on their face. I love the feel of a small town.

5. Overall this weekend was beautiful and perfect starting with the ice cream social (I only had 2 cones), to the final swimming party with the family. I enjoyed every aspect and can't wait to do it again next year. Thank you to everyone who put it together! Also thank you to the pioneers who founded this amazing town and helped establish traditions of faith, family, and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment