Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Thoughts while working.

I just have to brag a little bit about the basketball game that I worked yesterday. First of all, I work in the hallway directing the players, VIP guests, and the Court side seats. I get to direct people and talk to them. I love welcoming people to the game and getting to know them. I also love getting to know the workers at the Marriott Center. These little old men are so wonderful and they are the biggest confidence boosters. One always calls me "Babe", another always gives me a hug, and another gives me Gummy Bears each game. So back to the story, I was standing the hallway and who should walk up, but Elder Nelson! This is not the first game he has come to, but this time I got to talk to him for a bit. Love it! President Samuelson also shook my hand.

Next it was Elder Perry's turn. He came up and grabbed my clipboard while saying, "What's on your clipboard?" Of course I handed him the clipboard and sheepishly said, "Important stuff." I am talking to an Apostle of the Lord and the only words I can utter are "Important stuff?" I really need to work on that. :) But luckily he just kind of chuckled and understood that I was a little intimidated.

Next, Steven R. Covey came up to me and shook my hand, that would have been enough, but he went further on and said, "You are beautiful." He had throngs of people surrounding him and he took the time to make my day. I truly appreciated his comment.

I got to tell each of the players good luck before the game including Jimmer Fredette which is pretty fun and I am friends with the coaches now. I also got to direct two of the Utah Jazz players. Deron Williams and C.J. Miles. Cool huh? I can't believe how lucky I am to have this job.

After things calmed down and a bit and the game started, I was alone in the hallway which in and of itself is scary, but then along came Cosmo, the school mascot. He didn't just walk toward me like a normal person, oh no, he lurked and crept along the wall and got closer to me everytime I looked away. Freaky right? haha I didn't know whether to laugh or run away, but then he pounced and wrapped his arms around me and gave me a huge hug haha. It was so funny! I knew nothing bad would happen, but now I can say, Cosmo hugged me :).

Another cool thing was, when this older man walked by and said, "Lavell is not going to make it tonight." I didn't know I was on a first name basis with Lavell Edwards! Sweet!

Finally my shift was over and I got to go out on the floor and watch the second half of the game on the floor! It was awesome! I love my job. :) Okay I am finished bragging now. I am excited for the next game! Go Cougars!

No comments:

Post a Comment