Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 24th Happy Thoughts!


1.) Today I didn't have any classes so I woke up and got to go running with Kiara, we did a short run of about 3 miles and got to talk. I love these runs and it was a nice break from my normal 5 or 6. I can't believe I am able to run this much considering last year I had never run more than 1.

2.) I then came back and began my laundry and some homework. It was nice to get a few of the little worries out of the way so that this coming week will be less hectic. I love not having class on Friday.

3.) After this I went to the Museum of Art on campus and got to explore all of the paintings. I was to choose my favorite one and then I get to write a paper on it for my Art class. Well, I was drawn to about 3 paintings and after looking over them, I realized they all had a very similar main idea. They all had a woman in a white dress which as I studied represented the virtue and refinement of an American woman. I love this idea and I now have a topic for my paper. I am actually excited to write it!

4.) I then went to a poster sell and I got a Norman Rockwell painting, (one of my favorites) and a book with William Shakespeare's complete sonnets. I am excited to read it!

5.) Tonight Lora and I decided on a whim to hike the Y. It was such a good decision! We went and brought treats (some popcorn and M&Ms, and some chocolate and peanut butter covered pretzels (the best thing on the Earth!)), and some music and a camera and we were off! We had a fun hike but by the end our legs were feeling it. haha I think I worked off all of the treats we ate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment