Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May 12th Happy Thoughts!


Okay so I know I have been a major slacker the past few weeks and so to make up for it I am going to list reasons why summer is amazing.

1.) The Hawaiian Snow shop opens! My favorite has almost always been Blueraspberry, Grape, and Cherry w/ Cream. All the workers even ask if I want my "usual" it is wonderful!

2.) Everything is greener, after dismal winter it is always nice for summer when the flowers are in bloom, the grass is actually greener, and the trees seem to wake up. Oh and along with the green comes the brown or should I say mud-bogging. There is nothing like riding a four-wheeler down a dirt road after a summer rainstorm, love it!

3.) No school! haha that is a given, but it must be listed.

4.) Sunsets in my yard. If you have never watched a sunset from the comfort of my yard you are missing out. This is my favorite time of day and on a beautiful summer day there is nothing like seeing the sunset behind my house. Wow!

5.) The doves begin singing. I don't know why but whenever I hear a dove sing I think of summer in SJ. This is my favorite bird and I always feel at peace when I hear its beautiful melody.

6.) Another beautiful time during the summer is early morning. Even though I don't get to experience this time very often, it is always a treat when I get to experience it. The grass is crisp with dew and the birds are going crazy! I love it!

7.) The summer concert series begin on the Today show :) I love these because there is always a happy song among the horror stories. It is a nice start to any Friday morning.

8.) Vacations begin! This summer I get to go to Las Vegas twice, California, and a few other random trips like Thatcher! Woohoo!

9.) This may sound weird but summertime is always the marriage season, I love summer weddings and I am excited for the few that I get to attend this time of year.

10.) Holidays! One of my favorite holidays occurs during the summer, the 24th of July and also the 4th of July. These are when SJ comes to life. I love seeing family, friends, eating lots of food, hanging out, night games, dances, laughing, and the parades. Everything about this time of year is wonderful and it brings this town and everyone else involved together.

Although this is just a small portion of why I love summer, I hope to get back on track for my blog. Sorry it has been so long, I have just been lazy, traveling and busy. Have a great day! Think about your favorite summer memories :).

No comments:

Post a Comment